Q & A with Casey Grillo!
The Q & A Sessions with the Kamelot members are going into their last round! This is the indepth interview with Casey Grillo! We hope you enjoy the read!
01. What did you want to become when you were a kid?
I always wanted to be a drummer… It was my mission in life
02. What schools have you attended?
McKinley grade school in Enid Oklahoma. Watonga Middle school,
Watonga Oklahoma, and Atoka High School Atoka Oklahoma
03. Have you been a good student?
I dropped out of High School in the 10 grade to go on the road playing
drums… so not really..
04. What kind of things do you do to keep you busy when you are not playing
I like to Kiteboarding and any kind of water sports.
05. In which bands do you play aside from Kamelot?
I play drums with a lot of friends around town for fun but most of the
time Jeremy Thomas Band.
06. Do you do anything special to prepare before going on stage?
No not really.. I just like to be on time and not in a rush or hurry.
07. Did ever anything really embarrassing happen to you when you were on
Not with Kamelot but I was playing with a band and there was
a sign above me that fell and knocked me out. I woke up and it was a
08. What do you like more a huge drum kit or a striped down and simple one?
Hard to say.. I love to play on a small kit because you have to think
more about how to play parts that you played on a big kit. But there
is nothing like playing a huge kit with everything there… like a kid
in a candy store.
09. You did some really cool live videos for the tours of Kamelot. Are you
still doing those? They rock!
Thanks.. Yeah we are going to do some for this tour. They are fun and give the fans a different side of us to see.
10. What do you like to do in your spare time? How’s the kiteboarding
The Kiteboarding is going great! It’s something that is so much fun and so addicting.
11. Can you sing?
I wanted to for a long time and I had a solo project with me singing. So yeah a bit.
12. Can you draw?
Stickmen … that’s about it.
13. Did you ever got intimidated by meeting someone famous?
When I was younger. but not anymore. They are just people like everyone
else some of them are cool and some of them are not so cool.
14. Do you have any nicknames that you hate?
15. How tall are you?
5′ 10″ (1.78m)
16. If you were reborn as an animal, which animal would you like that to be?
I would want to be one of my own cats or dogs because the are treated like kings and queens in my house.
17. Do you read books and if yes, which are your favorites?
I like Dan Brown’s books.
18. Can you cook?
I am learning.
19. Can you speak any other languages than English?
No I wish!
20. What do you like most about living in Florida?
The weather and water.
21. Do you believe in god? If not, what do you believe in?
I try stay away from topics that start wars. Religion and politics. No comment….
22. Describe your perfect vacation day!
My wife and I on a beach having some great food and if the wind is blowing a big kite in the air.
23. Wich traits do you like most in other people?
Honesty, respect and manners.
24. Are you a romantic?
Very much so.
25. What do you think about celebrities like Britney Spears or Paris
I wish I had their money other than that I don’t try and think about them at all.
26. Do you play any other instruments other than drums?
I play a bit guitar, and bass.
27. Which are your favorite bands?
I don’t listen to much music anymore. But I like the older bands.
28. Do you have any idols?
29. What’s the favorite haircut you had so far? Long/short/spiky?
I liked it when it was straight and mid length.
30. Do you have a phobia or something you are really afraid of?
I don’t like alligators!!!
31. What is your best and worst childhood memory?
Hanging out with my mom at a lake in Enid Oklahoma. Worst was when my grandma died.
32. If you could choose three things to change about yourself, which would
I wish my left hand was faster.. my left foot didn’t always hurt. and if I was a bit taller that would be cool.
33. What do you prefer – Lord Of The Rings or Star Wars?
Star Wars…old school all the way.
34. What’s the coolest DVD you own?
Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby.
35. Your current favorite show on TV?
36. What kind of presents do you like to get the most?
Anything…I just love getting stuff.
37. Do you have pets?
2 dogs, 3 cats, 8 Koi fish and 2 catfish. I love them all.
38. Do you like to dance?
Never only slow with my wife.
39. What’s your favorite food?
40. What’s your guilty pleasure?
41. Which is your favorite place/room at home?
Out by the pool.
42. Tell us about your awesome tattoos! What special meaning do they have?
And do you plan to get more? The one on my left arm is in memory of my mom.. It’s a bull skull with a Rose on top with some tribal and feathers. Just love it. The other on my right arm, chest and back is an angel. I just loved the artwork.. no story just looked cool.
43. Who’s the boss at home – you or your wife?
Of course my wife is…. she will be reading this… so yeah she is.
44. What is your favorite pastime when you spend time with your
Having a great dinner and some drinks..
45. Where do your ancestors come from?
Italy and Poland
46. Do you have brothers and sisters?
One brother one sister.
47. Do they like the music of Kamelot?
Yeah they are big fans.. They are the reason I play drums… They are both drummers as well so when we get together is all about drums..
48. All you guys in Kamelot are really nice and down to earth guys. Why do
you think success makes some people more arrogant than others?
I would say upbringing. My mom was the most down to earth person I have
ever known. She always said to treat people how you want to be treated…. But with that said there are people in this world that are not famous or rock stars and are still arrogant and jerks…
49. If your music career never happened, where do you think you would be at
this point in your life?
I would be still trying to make it…
Thank you Casey, for answering all the questions! See ya on tour!