Q & A with Sean Tibbetts!
The Q & A interviews go into their third round! Interview partner of today is Sean Tibbetts. Enjoy the read!
01. What did you want to become when you were a kid?
My mother asked me that question when I was around 11 or 12 years old. I was already into bass and guitar so I said ” I think I want to be a musician”. My mother laughed and said “Yeah you and everyone else”. I didn’t understand at the time what the joke was.
02. What schools have you attended?
I graduated high school. I was going to go to MI in California but my life took a different path. I moved to Tampa to play music.
03. Have you been a good student?
No not at all! I wish I could say yes but I was not until my last year that I pulled my head out my ass and started listening. I didn’t care for the school nor the town my parents had moved to. It was a little redneck town in the middle of Florida. Not the best setting for a metal head like myself. I did find a few other players into metal and I started my 1st band there. It was a Slayer cover band. Which made us even more popular with the rednecks (HA HA)
04.What kind of things do you do to keep you busy when you are not playing for Kamelot?
I like working on my house, fishing, work out, ride my bike. I am a bike nut I love riding. I ride 10 – 20 miles about every other day. I like to go and watch my friends bands play at the local venues.
05. In which bands do you play aside from Kamelot?
I am also a member of The Evil Amidst. It’s a band with one of my long time friends Gio Geraca. It is easier for m to ask that you check out the web site www.theevilamidst.com. We have had some offers to sign recording deals but we haven’t settled on one yet.
06. Do you do anything special to prepare before going on stage?
We all have our little rituals, I drink a lot of coffee, play bass for an hour and stretch as much as possible.
07. Did ever anything really embarrassing happen to you when you were onstage?
PPPPlease….Have you seen the tour I did with the broken leg? It doesn’t get more embarrassing then that. I ran out and fell on my FACE during the first note of the first song at the first show on the Euro G.O. tour. It hurts to think about it in more ways then one.
08. Can you sing?
Sure but nobody will stay in the room and listen XD
09. Can you draw?
Yes but not like I used to . I used to draw and paint a lot. I was offered an art scholarship but I took the music path instead (idiot). It was not my brightest moment , it would have been nice to be painting between tours. When ever I start to paint or draw now all that goes through my mind is “You should be practicing bass” .
10. How tall are you?
On stage or off stage? Off stage 5 foot 9 inches on stage 10 Foot even (HA HA)
11. If you were reborn as an animal, which animal would you like that to be?
I would say a Hawk. I have one near my house and I could watch that thing all day. It is defiantly making a ding in the squirrel population around here.
12. Do you read books and if yes, which are your favorites?
Did the guys tell you to ask me that? They give me a hard time about my books. I am into electronics and how they work. Amps, guitars computers blah blah blah. I know geek right.
13. Can you cook?
Yes I can! I am known as chef Sean around here. I am into eating healthy so I have to cook a lot. It is next to impossible to eat out healthy. Touring is tough for that reason, all this great tasting food is put in front of you (unhealthy) and it is a real test of will power not to pound it down your neck.
14. Can you speak any other languages than English?
No I wish I could. I want to make that a priority on my to do list. The 2 most useful for me to learn are Spanish and German. I know so many people that speak both that it would benefit me .
15. What do you like most about living in Florida?
THE BEACH !!!!
16. Do you believe in god? If not, what do you believe in?
No ,do you believe in fairy tails , talking animals, talking bushes or magic underwear. Who was the last dead guy you heard of getting up and going to dinner. If any of this were to happen to someone you know tomorrow you would have them locked up. Religion is pure madness. People live and die everyday for this thing they call religion. If you question any religious nut on any level it seems they end all statement is “it’s faith”. That is there way of saying ” I don’t know but I will blindly follow”.
17. Describe your perfect vacation day!
No line for the roller coasters at Busch Gardens.
18. Which traits do you like most in other people?
Honesty and to look for the best in people.
19. Are you a romantic?
Not so much. More of a prankster.
20. What do you think about celebrities like Britney Spears or Paris Hilton?
Well that is a strange question because they are both big celebs but one is a product of the music industry and the other besides being rich I’m not sure what she has done. I can’t say to much other then wow they are successful beyond most dreams.
21. Do you play any other instruments other than bass?
Play a little guitar but not so much any more.
22. Which are your favorite bands?
I like so many and favorites change a lot. I listen to Mudvayne, Killswitch, Incubus, Tool, Shinedown, Zeppelin, Dave Mathews.
23. Do you have any idols?
My uncle Richard was my first idol. He is an amazing musician and totally inspired me as a child to play music.
24. What’s the natural color of your hair?
This week or last? Blond.
25. Have you ever thought about cutting it short?
I did once, not good.
26. Do you have a phobia or something you are really afraid of?
Not really, I get a little freaked in tight crowds of people sometimes. I could never do front row in a concert.
27. If you could choose three things to change about yourself, which
Taller, Longer hair and a good singing voice.
28. What do you prefer – Lord Of The Rings or Star Wars?
I like to combine them… Darth Baggins. R-2 Frodo
29. What’s the coolest DVD you own?
Law Biding Citizen
30. Your current favorite show on TV?
31. Do you have pets?
32. Do you like to dance?
NO, I hate dancing. Maybe if I could I would like it but it is painful.
33. What’s your favorite food?
34. What’s your guilty pleasure?
35. Which is your favorite place/room at home?
The MAN room (studio)
36. Do you have tattoos?
Yes, a lot too many to talk about.
37. What is your favorite pastime when you spend time with your family?
Fishing and the beach.
38. You are famous for your cool Halloween parties. What’s your favorite Halloween costume?
The new one I come up with every year.
39. Where do your ancestors come from?
I am very Irish.
40. Do you have brothers and sisters?
Yes I have one sister Holly.
41. Does she like the music of Kamelot?
Yes she’s a big fan of the band.
42. All you guys in Kamelot are really nice and down to earth guys. Why do you think success makes some people more arrogant than others?
When you have people coming up to you all the time telling you “you’re great” some people take it to heart.
43. If your music career never happened, where do you think you would be at this point in your life?
6 feet under ground. I would have jumped off a bridge from boredom.
Thanks for the interview, Sean! 😀